The Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Team Members subscription is a named user subscription designed for users who are not tied to a particular function, but who require basic Dynamics 365 functionality. This license includes read access as well as some write access for select light tasks across all Dynamics 365 applications for a given tenant. As a result, as more Dynamics 365 applications are adopted across an organization, any user previously licensed with Dynamics 365 for Team Members subscription would be licensed already to access those additional applications.
The Team Members SL user may access Dynamics 365 data from Dynamics 365 Unified Operations Plan and Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan Applications. Note, at least one full user must be assigned to the tenant to administer and configure the service. A Plan subscription is the most cost-effective option to provide ultimate flexibility for a user to administer and configure more than one Dynamics 365 application.
The Dynamics 365 for Team Members SL grants a user full read access across all the Dynamics 365 applications for a given tenant. In addition, the Dynamics 365 for Team Members SL includes some limited use write access across Dynamics 365 Unified Operations Plan and Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan Business Applications as defined below.
Dynamics 365 for Team Members also includes the "PowerApps for Dynamics 365 Team Members" license. Dynamics 365 for Team Members users can use PowerApps to access Dynamics 365 within the bounds of their Team Members license.
Dynamics 365 for Team Member use rights for Dynamics 365 Unified Operations Plan Applications
The Team Members SL grants a user the following Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Dynamics 365 for Retail and Dynamics 365 for Talent rights for their own use and not for, or on behalf of, other individuals:
- To record any type of time
- To record any type of expenses
- Manage personal information
- Manage direct employee and candidate activities for hiring, onboarding, and human resources
- Create requisitions
- Create or edit the items related to the following capabilities: quality control, service orders and departmental budgets
- Approval of time, expense, invoices
Dynamics 365 for Team Member use rights for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan Applications
The Team Members SL grants a user the following Dynamics 365 for Sales, Dynamics 365 for Customer Service, Dynamics 365 for Field Service, or Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation rights for their own use and not for, or on behalf of, other individuals:
- Write access to Accounts, Contacts, Activities, Tasks and notes
- Record time and expense for Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation, and apply for projects
- Set up and manage the knowledgebase and Interactive Service Hub
- Update personal information
- User Reporting and dashboards
- Participate as an end-consumer of Dynamics 365 services such as responding to surveys, or applying for projects
Dynamics 365 for Operations Activity
The Dynamics 365 for Operations Activity subscription is a named user subscription intended for users who may be heavy users of the application, but do not require the use rights of a full user. Dynamics 365 for Operations Activity use rights include all Dynamics 365 for Team Member user rights as well as the right to:
- Approve all Activity related transactions
- Create or edit the items related to warehousing, receiving, shipping, orders, vendor maintenance, and all budgets
- iOperate a Point-of-Sale (POS) device, store manager device, shop floor device, or warehouse device.
Customers must purchase Subscription Licenses (SLs) for their organization or their affiliates' employees and on-site agents, vendors or contractors who directly or indirectly access the Microsoft Dynamics 365 services. Microsoft Dynamics 365 has two types of SLs:
User SLs are assigned on a "named user" basis, meaning each user requires a separate User SL; User SLs cannot be shared but an individual with a User SL may access the service through multiple devices.
- Device SLs are assigned to license a device. a. With the Customer Engagement Plan Business Application Device SL any number of users can use the licensed device with a shared login, such as 'firstname.lastname@example.org' without the need for separate User SLs. Individual users cannot be tracked as they all share one login. Customer Engagement Plan device licenses are full devices – they include the same rights as the equivalent user license.
- With the Dynamics 365 Operations Device SL any number of users can access a licensed device with individual logins without the need for separate User SLs. The Operations device is a limited license with a subset of Unified Operations capabilities.
Since Microsoft Dynamics 365 may be licensed with User or Device SL, only the user or the device requires a SL, but not both. If the user of a device is licensed with a User SL, then the device does not need a Device SL. Likewise, if the device is licensed with a Device SL, then the user does not need a User SL. Customers can mix both User and Device SLs.