Getting Prospects From Social Media Using Dynamics 365
We're all aware of how social media has taken a predominant place in communication. We know it is influencing our daily lives and our critical decision making. It's time for organizations of all sizes to take a deeper look into their current social engagement strategies and how they can align their activities to meet their growth and engagement targets.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 features Social Engagement tools that can power both your marketing efforts and social media presence to allow you to do more, faster. Let's look at how they work together and what can be achieved with the integration.
Microsoft Social Engagement is centered on how you use social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter to build a great customer experience. Using Dynamics 365 online and Dynamics 365 on-premise with Internet-facing deployment (IFD) enabled, social posts are identified by Dynamics 365 and recorded in Social Engagement.
This application provides access to tools that allow you to monitor your social media posts and create a full customer experience by allowing CRM records, such as leads, opportunity, and cases to be created directly from social posts. The data can be automatically captured in Social Engagement and then moved into Dynamics 365, either automatically or manually.
Some of the exciting features available with Social Engagement include:
Social Selling Assistant
This feature enables you to personalize your social media experience, discover and share posts that are of interest to your audience. The more inputs you provide to the system, the more it can learn and the more relevant posts it can recommend. It is a very important tool for sales people, as it empowers them to sell more and grow their network on social media.
The sentiment feature eases your market interaction by allowing you to search certain keywords, campaigns, or products to automatically display a map of where these words are used in real-time conversations. It provides maps that you can use to search for areas where your products are present, and whether they are getting positive, negative, or neutral feedback.
This tool displays the overall number of people talking about your company on social media and breaks down the information to show which platforms they are posting on. You can also drill down further to get more specific data, listing the details of the posters and ranking them by the number of posts they have made about your company. It is a great feature to have when determining how much time to allocate to a specific social platform.
The benefits of this integration for your organization
- Social posts can be easily assigned and routed to the desired person in the company right from Dynamics 365; this helps to make your marketing team efficient
- Provides real-time data on how customers interact through social media
- Strengthens your company's online reputation with improved response time and interactions with online users
- Allows your marketing team to do more, faster and provides boosts in company sales, improved social media presence, etc.
- Measures the level of interaction of users when you publish posts, such as viewing the responsive tweets to your posts and whether users follow the prompt that the post is giving in line with your campaign in Dynamics 365
- Increases the effectiveness of your sales team through automated creation of leads and cases from social posts
- Listens everywhere and understands how people really feel about your business and how you stack up against your competitors
Prerequisites to Connect Social Engagement to Dynamics 365
To use Social Engagement, you must have an Office 365 subscription and be set up as a Social Engagement user by your Office 365 administrator. This means that your organization also needs to have a license for Social Engagement.
To integrate your Dynamics 365 (online) with Social Engagement, ensure that both services are part of the same organization's Office 365 subscription. If you have licenses assigned to both Dynamics 365 (online) and Social Engagement, you will find both products in the Office 365 app launcher.
Connecting Social Engagement to Dynamics 365
To Connect Social Engagement to Dynamics 365, do the following:
1. In Microsoft Social Engagement, go to Settings > Connections > Microsoft Dynamics 365
2. Click the Add connection button
3. Select the Connection type from the drop-down list
4. Provide the connection information for your Dynamics 365 (online) instance
5. Click Next
6. The Dynamics 365 Instance pane opens and shows you the details about the connected instance if the connection is successful.
Integrating Dynamics 365 with Microsoft Social Engagement enables your company to be in touch with your employees, consumers, and communities via social media. With this collaboration, vital social needs, business objectives, and stakeholder expectations can be addressed right from Dynamics 365.
When properly configured, Social Engagement helps your company focus on important aspects of your business by providing powerful tools and features that can have a great impact on productivity and efficiency.
Perhaps even better, as Social Engagement is offered free of charge by Microsoft, it does not cost a thing to configure and integrate. So why not leverage the many benefits this application provides and introduce your content and promotions to new prospects, creating further awareness for your business on social media and beyond?
KOROMPTENZ can help you learn more about configuring this important module and Dynamics or Office 365 in general. If you are not yet an Office 365 user, we can also help you to migrate your current email infrastructure to Office 365.